August 25, 2022
You can eliminate or delay 80% of your projects...
Most of them are not going to create meaningful impact, nor are they critical.
Critical projects are those that are time sensitive, and have negative repercussions.
Impactful projects are the few that will ACTUALLY make a difference.
There’s two reasons for this…
- Most don’t have significant repercussions, if any Meaning, there is little to no downside if you don’t do it.
- 80/20 Rule: The Pareto principle (also known as the 80/20 rule) states that 20% of our efforts generate 80% of the result — The inverse is true.
You can prioritize the few that actually matter by asking yourself…
"Is this critical or the most impactful?"
You’ll quickly learn that most often the answer is “No”.
The goal is to…
- Double your productivity by prioritizing projects/tasks that are critical and impactful (particularly during your mornings)
- Free up your valuable time for the things that you actually enjoy
Go ahead and try it:
- Make a list of all your projects and tasks
- Identify the ones that are critical or impactful
- Rank these in order of importance
- Eliminate or delay those that aren’t critical or impactful
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three more ways I can help you become your most productive self:
- Access my Free Notion Task Manager → Get Access
- Get my Notion Personal OS to manage your business & personal life → Learn More
- If you need help mapping, creating & optimizing your systems → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: