December 8, 2022
People spend 5+ hours per day on their phones.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain back control of time by optimizing its use. It will compound to hundreds of hours every year.
Here's 5 things you can do:
1. Turn off notifications for everything except phone calls 🔕
I still check my phone throughout the day, but I don’t need to after every ding.
If something is time sensitive, you’ll get a call. Batching your phone time will be a huge time saver and will allow you to be more present during meetings, dinners, focus sessions, etc.
2. Leave app badges ON for select apps only 🔴
Badges are the red dots that give you unnecessary anxiety. Only leave them on for messaging apps, phone calls, delivery/taxi apps and your calendar (not email).
3. Move all social apps to the second page 📲
Move Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest into a folder on your second screen. This minor change will compound into hours saved from mindless unproductive scrolling.
4. Use a password manager like 1Pass 🔐
Using a password manager like 1Pass will eliminate the stress of having to remember the correct passwords, save time spent entering passwords, and increase security by automatically generating unique passcodes.
This also makes it easier to securely share passwords with family or colleagues.
5. Turn on Slide to Type 🤳
Go your keyboard settings to turn on Slide to Type. This will let you type faster through swiping — Just swipe your finger over the letters of the word you’re typing and the the keyboard will figure out what you mean.
Go ahead and try it:
- Turn off notifications for everything except phone calls 🔕
- Leave app badges ON for messaging apps only 🔴
- Move all social apps to the second page 📲
- Use a password manager like 1Pass 🔐
- Turn on Slide to Type 🤳
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three ways I can help you automate your business & step away from operations:
- Steal my Free Guide to get started with VAs → Get Access
- Access my Notion Personal OS to manage your business & personal life → Learn More
- If you need help mapping, creating & optimizing your systems → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: