December 7, 2023
Today I’m diving into a topic that I know resonates deeply with many of you: understanding what we truly want. The path to discovering our true desires is rarely clear-cut.
When we’re struggling for clarity, sometimes the best approach is to start by identifying and eliminating what we know we don't want. This approach, though seemingly counterintuitive, can be incredibly powerful.
Clarity Through Elimination
Often, we're bombarded with options and possibilities. This overload clouds our judgment making it difficult to pinpoint what we aspire to achieve. That's where the Clarity Through Elimination Method comes in. It's a simple yet effective strategy to gain insight into our real ambitions by systematically removing the things that don't serve us.
I remember the early days of my entrepreneurial career, filled with a myriad of ventures and ideas. From launching businesses after natural disasters to becoming the COO of an air purifier company, my path was anything but linear.
By letting go of roles and responsibilities that didn't align with my interests and goals, I gradually uncovered my passion for helping founders automate and streamline their operations.
How to Implement This Method
- Audit Your Current Situation Take a step back and evaluate your current professional and personal activities. What parts of your day are energizing, and what parts feel draining? The goal here is to identify the tasks or commitments that don't bring you joy or contribute to your long-term objectives.
- Identify & Eliminate Once you've identified these areas, begin the process of elimination. This might mean delegating certain tasks, stepping away from projects that no longer align with your goals, or even ending unproductive business relationships.
- Reflect & Adjust As you eliminate these elements, pay attention to how they affect your daily life. These feelings are clues to your true desires and should guide your next steps.
The journey to self-discovery and professional fulfillment is ongoing. Don't be afraid to continually assess and readjust. The goal is not to have a perfect understanding from the start but to become more attuned to what brings you fulfillment and purpose over time.
The next time you’re feeling stuck, start by eliminating the things you’re certain won’t work.
Go ahead and try it:
- Audit Your Current Situation
- Identify & Eliminate
- Reflect & Adjust
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three ways I can help you systemize & automate operations:
- Learn how to find, hire, and manage virtual assistants → Free Access
- Manage projects, meetings, and resources from a single place → Learn More
- Let me help you automate operations and exit the day-to-day grind → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: