November 16, 2023
I'm constantly exploring ways to streamline operations, and a key part of this is creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). And recently, I discovered a new (and super simple) approach to creating SOPs within minutes using ChatGPT.
This new process has allowed me to more easily delegate effectively.
Here’s my exact 5-step process:
1. Screen-record & transcribe the process
First, I screen-record myself executing the process. Providing an audio and visual walkthrough of each step as it happens is the most effective way to teach others.
I use Loom because of its native AI feature which provides a transcript of the entire recording. This is necessary for the next step which involves ChatGPT.
2. Transform transcripts into SOPs with ChatGPT
Create a well-summarized SOP with the following prompt:
Here is a transcript of a Loom I made on how to [process]. Turn this into a simple and concise SOP document with relevant headers.
The result is a beautiful and simple SOP summarizing the process you recorded.
3. Create an SOP database
Creating SOPs is half the battle. You also have to make them easily accessible. I use Notion to create an SOP database — A centralized location where all these procedures are stored and tagged accordingly.
For a copy of my Notion Company Operating System, Click Here.
4. Create the SOP document
Within the SOP database, I create a new document. This includes:
- The necessary tools and access required
- The Loom video for visual reference
- The ChatGPT-generated SOP
If necessary, make adjustments to the ChatGPT-generated text and headings.
5. Share the SOP & database
Finally, it’s time to share both the SOP document with relevant team members. They’ll have everything they need in order to execute your process seamlessly and reference it later if needed.
This approach has been a game-changer for my business, allowing me to create SOPS for complex processes, in minutes.
Go ahead and try it:
- Create an SOP database
- Screen-record processes
- Paste transcripts into ChatGPT
- Create SOP documents with video & summarized text
- Share the SOP document with relevant team members
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three ways I can help you systemize & automate operations:
- Learn how to find, hire, and manage virtual assistants → Free Access
- Manage projects, meetings, and resources from a single place → Learn More
- Let me help you automate operations and exit the day-to-day grind → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: