December 16, 2021
For a while, I've wanted to have a personal website primarily for a few reasons:
- It's awesome when you're on a call with someone for the first time, and they already have a bunch of context on who you are, what you do, and what you're all about — I host my Calendly on my website which facilitates this.
- I wanted a place where I could organize and share learnings, tools and systems, as well as book notes.
- Increase clout — I've found that others take you a little more serious when you've taken the time to put together a website about yourself and what you've done. It's kind of an awesome resume.
However... The process of putting together a website and maintaining it seemed daunting.
For a few years now, I've been using Notion, which is like Google Docs with superpowers. Using Notion I've not only managed companies, but also used it as a place to capture learnings, tools and book notes.
Then... I learned about Super.
This relatively cheap tool allows you to turn Notion pages into a website with your own custom domain, and includes SEO-friendly tools along with other features.
I don't think creating a website has ever been easier!
This was extremely convenient for me because I already host my book notes and other resources within Notion, so keeping the website up to date and "publishing" content is a breeze.
Now, I don't think Super is for everyone, but for personal websites or freelancers, I don't know of a better, cheaper, or easier option.
This very blog post, and every page on my website lives on a Notion document that I've made public. To make a change I simply update the document, and voila, it updates the website via Super.
For the blog, I created a template (Notion feature) so that when I have a new blog post idea I can just click the template and keep the formatting the same. This includes the embedded Airtable subscribe form at the bottom of every blog.
If you need help putting together your personal website, give me a shout! —> Contact Thomas
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three more ways I can help you become your most productive self:
- Access my Free Notion Task Manager → Get Access
- Get my Notion Personal OS to manage your business & personal life → Learn More
- If you need help mapping, creating & optimizing your systems → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: