May 25, 2023
The key to escaping the grind and scaling your business isn't working harder, it's working smarter.
As a systems and operations expert, I've dedicated my life to studying patterns, examining routines, and understanding how to optimize productivity to get more done in less time.
I’ve discovered that it’s about being disciplined in your approach, prioritizing effectively, and most importantly, keeping things simple. Complexity is the enemy.
Let me walk you through my five non-negotiable daily activities:
1. Morning Routine (1 hour)
My day starts by dedicating the first hour to grounding myself and getting in the right frame of mind. This typically includes reading, meditation, journaling, stretching, or whatever self-care activities that help me center myself for the day. It's essential to begin your day with positivity and intentionality. This isn't just about feeling good; it's a productive use of your time because a centered mind can tackle tasks with much more focus and precision.
2. Networking/Engaging (1 hour)
No business can thrive in isolation... Particularly not mine. Knowing where your potential clients are spending their time and connecting with them is critical — Engaging with prospects on Twitter has been an excellent strategy for my business.
I spend at least an hour each day engaging in meaningful conversations and building my network. By nurturing these relationships, I am simultaneously growing my business.
3. Uninterrupted Focus Session (3 hours)
Multitasking is the enemy of productivity. Instead, I carve out a solid three-hour block for deep work each day.
This is a time for intense focus on my top priority of the day, without distractions (notifications off). It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you fully commit your attention to a single task.
4. Exercise (1 hour)
Exercise is my non-negotiable number four. It’s too easy to neglect our physical health in pursuit of other goals. But exercise isn’t just about physical health, it also bolsters our mental stamina. A healthier body results in a sharper mind and higher levels of productivity.
5. Email (30 minutes)
Emails are important, but a major distraction if not managed well. Rather than letting them dictate my day, I set aside a 30-minute time block for achieving Inbox 0. By batching this task, I can stay on top of communications without being reactive all day long.
Everything else takes a back seat, and it all works out.
Systems and routines are not about rigidity. They are about creating a foundation that allows for flexibility and growth. By identifying and prioritizing my non-negotiable activities, I'm able to scale my business and inch closer to my goals without getting fully sucked into the minutia of the day-to-day. Keeping things simple is the cornerstone of this approach.
Go ahead and try it:
- Define Your Non-Negotiables: Determine the few most important activities that contribute the most to your growth and productivity.
- Establish a Routine and Time Block: Build a routine around these activities and time block them to ensure they’re a fixed part of your day.
- Keep It Simple: Do not overcomplicate. The simpler your system, the more likely you are to stick to it.
- Focus on Top Priorities: Remember, not everything is a priority. Focus on what truly matters and let the rest wait. Try to do everything, and you won’t do anything.
- Don’t Neglect Your Health: Don’t forget to care for your physical and mental well-being. A healthy body and mind will lead to higher productivity. Make sure to block out time for these activities in your schedule.
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three ways I can help you systemize & automate operations:
- Learn how to find, hire and manage virtual assistants → Free Access
- Systemize company processes & automate accountability → Learn More
- Let me help you automate operations and exit the day-to-day grind → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: