November 24, 2022
Whatever goal you’re working towards, time needs to be invested.
But over time, you should be able to invest your own time more selectively — This is typically the opposite of what happens to entrepreneurs.
The way you gain back control of your time is by implementing systems that either conduct the work for you or make it easier to execute.
Implementing systems are the key to scalability, profitability and time management.
The first two are business-oriented, but the third is universal.
So how do you begin to gain back control of your time?
You have two options…
I. Optimize an existing process
II. Manage your time better
I. Here’s how you optimize an existing process:
- Make sure you fully understand the process 🧐
- Document the process 📝
- Simplify the process as much as possible 🪚
- Clarify the trigger for the process 🚀
- When possible automate steps that are predictable and repeatable 🦾
- If it cannot be automated, the next question is whether it should be delegated 🗣
II. Here’s how you can manage your time better:
- Identify all of your recurring accountabilities (business+personal) and group them into a weekly, monthly or quarterly checklist ☑️
- Identify your 3-5 goals for the coming week ✅
- Create time blocks in your calendar for both your accountabilities and weekly goals 📆
Go ahead and try it:
- Simplify, automate or delegate your processes
- Clarify & time block your accountabilities
- Clarify & time block your 3-5 weekly goals
See you all next Thursday 👋
PS. Whenever you're ready... Here are three more ways I can help you become your most productive self:
- Access my Free Notion Task Manager → Get Access
- Get my Notion Personal OS to manage your business & personal life → Learn More
- If you need help mapping, creating & optimizing your systems → Work With Me
More recent posts ⤵️
Delivering high-impact tips every Thursday
Every Thursday, get 1 actionable tip on systems & productivity: